Desktop Guitarist is a Windows 95 guitar program for players of all levels. It's a tablature generator, chord dictionary, guitar tuner, accompaniment player, MIDI file generator and more. Desktop Guitarist allows you to see and hear chords, scales, exercises and songs on an animated guitar neck with complete control over playback. You can use the sample files to start learning new material right away or you can easily create songs and lessons for yourself and others to use.
- Desktop Guitarist requires no musical knowledge to enter chords. Chords are entered by just clicking on the guitar neck.
- Desktop Guitarist can produce graphic or ASCII tablature, as well as MIDI files. Here are examples of Desktop Guitarist output: Tablature and a Standard MIDI File.
- Desktop Guitarist contains four common guitar tunings and can be configured for any other tuning.
- With Desktop Guitarist, you can enter music from guitar books and magazines and hear how the piece is supposed to sound.
- Desktop Guitarist can play background chords to assist you in learning scales and modes.
- For practicing, you can loop sections, change the playback speed, or step though sections one chord at a time.
- Desktop Guitarist files are plain text, which means they can be edited using any text editor. The format of the files is very easy for any guitar player to understand.