What is it?
The Power Tab Editor is a tablature editing tool. It allows you to create tablature scores for stringed musical instruments and play them back via a MIDI device. For those who don't know, tablature is a class of music notation designed specifically for guitars and other stringed instruments.
What is the current version of the program?
The current version of the Editor is version 1.7 (Build 80), which was released Sept. 24, 2000.
What are some of the features Power Tab Editor offers?
- Playback of Power Tab Scores via MIDI device driver
- Tons of music/tab symbols including rhythm slashes
- Chord & Tuning Dictionaries
- Full Print Preview and Printing of Power Tab scores
- Importing of MIDI files
- Export to ASCII, MIDI and HTML files
What are the requirements for the Power Tab Editor?
- Windows 9x/ME/ NT/2K
- 32MB RAM
- Pentium 166Mhz and up
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 3 and up (in order to use HTML help files)
- Microsoft Common Controls version 4.71 and up