TablEdit is a program for creating, editing, printing and listening to tablature and sheet music (standard notation) for guitar and other fretted, stringed instruments.
Additionally, TablEdit, while designed for guitarists, by guitarists, is not limited to guitar like other Tablature programs. Through ongoing consultation with experts on other instruments, TablEdit has developed support for harmonica, mountain dulcimer, diatonic accordion, drums, violin, tin whistle, recorder, autoharp, pedal steel guitar, and banjo (even taking into consideration the special aspect of the fifth string).
TablEdit can open/import ASCII, MIDI, ABC, Bucket O' Tab, Tabestry and Wayne Cripps files, as well as files created by earlier versions of TablEdit. Files can be saved in TablEdit format or exported to ASCII, ABC or MIDI formats.
So, What does TablEdit have to offer you? Read on...
- TablEdit supports both tablature and standard notation.
- TablEdit features instant conversion from standard notation to tablature and vice-versa.
- TablEdit's Multi Document Interface (MDI) allows the opening of multiple TablEdit files at the same time.
- TablEdit supports English, French, German and Spanish as build-in languages
- TablEdit offers unlimited language support! (patches currently available: Chinese Big5, Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Esperanto, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Swedish).
- TablEdit has help files available in English, French, German and Spanish.
- TablEdit offers full screen multitrack editing (9 tracks) and multitrack printing.
- TablEdit features high quality printout of tablature and/or musical staves.
- TablEdit can save an image of the printed output in a variety of graphic formats.
- TablEdit can print chord diagrams and head sheets.
- TablEdit offers playback of tablatures via Midi output with complete real time sound control (volume, balance, voices...).
- TablEdit allows import and export of Midi files (format 1 or 0), ASCII files or ABC files. NIFF (Notation Interchange File Format) Import. HTML export.
- TablEdit opens Waynes Cripps' Tab, Bucket o'Tab and Tabestry files.
- TablEdit allows editing and construction of custom chord diagrams